Saturday 6 September 2008

My Top Ten Inspector Morse Stories - No 5 Masonic Mysteries

Oh dear! What have you done? Naughty boy!
MASONIC MYSTERIES… (First screened on UK TV 24th January 1990, writer Julian Mitchell.) This is the story that made me a fan of the great Mozart and I have the lovely John to thank for that.

Because all the way through this story is Mozart, I love the introduction (called: Tamino, The Three Ladies) that is played as Morse and (Kevin's wife) arrive for the play beautiful piece of music.

Also the opera sung by the large lady is terrific; also don't you think John looks so sexy in his Magic Flute suit? I also love the scene of John in a cell, and so lonely looking playing Morse so brilliantly worried about what is happening to him, for once he has no control over his own life, someone else does.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

This scene was probably taken on one of those days when he looked in his cupboard and 'didn't have a THING to wear!' Yes rather cute hey?
Sorry I feel cheeky tonight!
Theresa